FMG 0.52% $21.32 fortescue ltd

Thanks Guys.You may recall that my middle daughter was diagnosed...

1. 3,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Thanks Guys.

You may recall that my middle daughter was diagnosed with the dreaded "C" disease.

We went through hell for a year, with chemo etc. But thanks to God, she is in remission and also gave us a beautiful little grandson who is now 8 months old.

My share portfolio and investments are more than enough for me and my wife to live on as we are not showy people and I remember where I came from and working on the farm full time and going to unit part-time as my parents could not afford to help us.

I have a brother, and together we worked side by side with my parents, on the farm growing strawberries, cherry tomatoes for the market. It was very hard work, but it did not do us any harm. As we worked together as a family, we were able to prosper.

As I have three daughters, two married and one soon to be. A good part of the after tax FMG share sale proceeds were gifted to them to help them buy houses and set up their own family.

I also still work in my business and have commercial properties, the FMG dividends going forward are more than enough to live on and will be inherited by my daughters, my wife and I can live on $100,000 a year max as we do not need designer clothes and accessories.

I only treated myself to a nice car, which I felt guilty buying instead of helping my children.

I know have three grandchildren and on the birth of each one I set up a Comm Sec account with $2,000 and then deposit $250 each month and buy shares for them over the year.

My eldest grandson is just over 3 years and his share portfolio is worth just over $43,000 and my middle daughters' son (8 months) share portfolio is just over $17,000 my youngest granddaughter (no FMG shares) is lagging behind with only $7,000.

All three are showing sizeable gains, but my 3-year-old with his FMG shares is streets ahead. AF is also providing now for my grandchildren

Looking back I did have the balls to stay in and increase my holdings, and it has been a rollercoaster ride.

My margin loan gearing is now below 30%, and I trust that the days off regular margin call daily requests to top-up or else are well and truly over.

St George Margin lending after complaining and pointing out how much money they have made over the years from brokerage and interest, reduced the rate from 4.80% down to 2.50% which is unbelievable.

I guess if you maintain your integrity and credit worthiness good things can happen.

Enough of my rant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.32
Change
0.110(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $65.64B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.24 $21.50 $21.07 $99.18M 4.655M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17454 $21.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.35 336 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.