SMY sally malay mining limited

finally got some. very solid prospect., page-5

1. SCD
    3,438 Posts.
    etralite - finally got some. very solid prospect. Hi extralite,

SB2000 has had another uneducated stab at an explanation. May I attempt to answer your question....

* There is a world shortage of Nickel and this shortage is forecast for some years yet so no collapse in the price should be reasonably expected by anyone.

* SMY has approx 25% of production hedged at A$15800 which is 20% higher than required by the financiers

* spot Ni price last night was just under $A20,000 so the 75% unhedged can benefit from an even higher price when production begins in August 2004

* the average hedge volume over the next 5 years is 17% correspondingly 83% unhedged.

* Loads of money in the bank and debt facilities are in place

* COnstruction all unschedule and no apparent risk to production timetable

OK with all this good news why, I hear you ask, has SMY been trading down around 70c. The following may provide some insight:

- most Ni stocks are down 10-20% from highs of Q4 2003

- we have investors (funds) who bought stock at 29c in Aug 2003 and some have been taking profits

- the NPV of the project is around $0.70-$1.00 depending on Ni price & currency assumptions

- they had a very good response to the Share Purchase Plan (70% take-up) at 64c and I suspect some profit taking is occurring

- Day traders are active in our stock

- they raised an additional $15.3m in Nov/December which added 24 million shares to capital base which is dilutionary but this has provided us with a strong capital base.

Overall what is important to remember is that the market capitalisation of the company has grown from $4million in March 2001 to $100million today, they have financed the project and will be producing Ni in Q3 2004 with significant upside in the project

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.