LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

Everyone knows that I have had an objective and honest view of...

1. 520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Everyone knows that I have had an objective and honest view of this company for a while now, a view totally unfazed by the pro Lynas cheer squad. IMO it has been a train wreck and the share price has certainly reflected that. Despite cries of a conspiracy the drivers of the share price have been very poor fundamentals and a retail shareholder base which had ramped the stock too high before things started to deteriorate.

However here we stand in Nov 2013 and based on what I am seeing I believe firmly that we are finally at an inflexion point for the share price. To be clear I am not anticipating a rise back to the bubble levels nor a sharp gap up in the share price. However instead I would expect a slow appreciation of the share price over the next 12 months (anything outside of that will be dictated by underlying rare earth prices). The reason why you will not see a sharp recovery in the stock is because of the complete apathy and distrust of the company by professional money managers and to change that view is not going to happen overnight, it will take at best months and maybe even years.

This stock is still not without risk though, given the cash flow position, the margin for error here is a small one. However on balance the potential reward seems to outweigh the risks for the first time in a long while. Therefore this is still not a stock to bet the farm on despite what the cheer squad may tell you, so tread carefully.

Good luck to all holders, this will be my last ever post on HotCopper as the Lynas experiment is over.

This is all IMO therefore DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.17
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.767B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.22 $6.14 $10.91M 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12550 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 124 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.