FBR 5.13% 3.7¢ fbr ltd

Finally, page-11

1. 6,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 494
    No doubt ill get some heavy criticism for this but here goes.

Why did BKW bail then? The Australian market desperately need those savings in this market, yet BKW fell apart and FBR bailed from OZ, despite huge stimulus from the government.
    Why isnt one of the machines going to KSA rather than USA?
    I dunno, but IMO there is more interest in DST than anything else (I think the USA destination is Brick and mortor ventures to showcase DST). I think the DST focus will become clearer soon.

WaaS being the ultimate problem. Residential deals will want too much of the pie to be viable, i dont think anything big will eventuate on WaaS in Europe or USA and WB are just collaborating in hopes of being their only brick supplier, not for major investment. Transport being the main reason. You can ship bricks anywhere and have a brickie build a house whenever they get to it with minimal qualifications and overhead. For the HX to build residential homes and be profitable (keep in mind these are $2m machines), it needs a house a day with the pad already ready and minimal driving time between jobs, probably driving at night and staying onsite which brings up a range of security and insurance issues. You would need deals for entire estates to be reasonably profitable which doesn’t happen.

How do you make WaaS possible in the USA and europe without selling the machine to a subcontractor? How do you service and house a complicated robot like this without an enormous footprint of service centres full of parts? With so many moving parts, servicing will be very regular. WaaS is just too hard and way too expensive to get off the ground for housing IMO. The large scale investment just wont come. Was this the realisation of BKW? Maybe IMO...

Without saudi like deals for many houses in close proximity, I only see HX being commercially viable by switching back to a sales model in collaboration with CAT to utilise their service centres globally. IMO management need to accept this, swallow their pride and accept a smaller piece of the pie without compromising on giving up DST related IP then focus on growing DST.

Otherwise, The HX will go nowhere and just end up being proof of concept for DST long term IMO.

Still alot of value in DST tho...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
-0.002(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $177.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $291.9K 7.639M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 2278495 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 452391 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.