FBR 0.00% 2.6¢ fbr ltd

Finally, page-503

1. 9,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    Great photos thanks again

Interesting they are bothering to run around the inside side of the cavity scraping off the excess glue since it will be covered by veneer. Might be doing it just so it looks finished neat while also doing a quick visual check of joints.

Very glad to see they have managed to get walls up and it has all gone well. I like the clean site an absence of scaffold .
    With the block dimensions it will be interesting if the have had lintels made to size, are simply packing out and using off the shelf or laminated wood etc. Doorframes will they drop in steel frames and fix / grout or go old-school .

Interesting comments about perp ends not needing to be filled on internal structural wall. In moist climates where there is significant humidity in cavity if gyprock is glued or battened as internal finish it hates any moisture long term on it's back face so a moisture barrier or calking would probably be needed. Europe is all about airtight houses and obviously gaps at perp ends may make that harder depending on finishes. Rendered walls no worries with right renders. . In commercial builds where fire controls are stricter it will be interesting to see how FBR would achieve fire rating.

As for a display house - unless they leave cutaway of finishes inside and out and access to visually see tie down points etc I don't really see it as a "display house" unless in one of the rooms or outside they have mock up models showing blocks, design, fittings. Rather it will just be a normal finished house that FBR have agreed to buy that was built by Hadrian. Bluntly they would do the technical display of product at their commercial premises as tehy do now for industry so it will just be a normal house that I assume will get sold eventually but will have been built by Hadrian .
    Builder have 6 year warranty so I wonder if other option FBR will simply own the property for 6 years? Have they indemnified Artistruct and their insurer as part of the deal? Part of the modern world where insurance and liability slows and prevents some new technology in early stages until insurers are happy. Very easy but expensive to to advanced aging tests on glue etc but always a risk that there could be a future failure years don the track but in Europe and in Australia with hebel etc they have been using then bed adhesives for 30 years in various applications. Would be interesting to get confirmation off FBR if a normal insurance would cover their first build. For peopel that remember CRS Hebel issues with proprietary products from glues to connections and issues with early house builds they will understand what a maze it is in Australai introducinga new struct

Last edited by Teddyward: 10089 12/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $115.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.6¢ 2.6¢ $3.406K 130.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 3146061 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 6911299 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 29/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ 209428
Last updated 14.54pm 29/05/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.