WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

finance fails re worlds biggest nickel mine

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Cannot find article online but from today's Oz:
    Robin Brumby writes:
    "It's not official yet, but reporst out of New Caledonia say that financing for Xstrata's US$3.8 Billion Koniambo nickel project has collapsed with two investment backers pulling out, and a third bank committing only half what was previously pledged. The news came out of Xstrata's local partner."
    In addition 2 Canadian Ni mines have closed in past month. This is very good news for WSA. The New Caledonia mine was projected to become the biggest single Ni producer ever and now it is not going ahead. No way will finance be available for atleast another 5+ yrs IMO and possibly 10yrs. In short term WSA will steady but Ni will rise sharply as supply from closed miners erodes.
    Today's WSA ann indicates company is producing at an incredible $2.50/lb at Flying Fox and next year from Spotted Quoll for.... wait for it.... $1.50lb!! Many Aussie mines only break even at $8.oo!! Very bright future ahead for WSA. Incredible buying opportunity as SP falls from 12.oo to 3.00 just as Ni production accelerates strongly. AUD at 62c certainly dosen't hurt either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.