WWI 7.69% 1.2¢ west wits mining limited

I don't think it is set up for a sale I believe they...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    I don't think it is set up for a sale I believe they could've sold it years ago and can definitely sell it now if they want now that they are a month - two months away from
    from first ore with all approvals in place.

I think it is undesirable from SA government perspective to have WWI taken over by a bigger player because they are hoping to increase exploration activities. Allowing WWI to be taken over will stymie that effect of small to mid tier producers without much debt looking to grow additional projects.

Personally I believe Jac's being South African wants to make a difference to the local economy, jobs, power situation you name it. Being different treating or finding a way to empower Black employment and find a happy medium with the workforce on the labour front could put WWI in a sweet spot. I think Harmony has definitely been trying to work with the new rules BEE etcetera successfully. If we do have a very motivated BEE partner and it sounds like according to management they've excellent in helping move things along.

Sibanye I believe has a bad reputation from the past but unlike Anglo keeps working on South Africa. They also end up sweating their existing assets so unsure how much exploration they are doing on new mines which is what SA needs to grow mining as a percentage of GDP from 8% to what were some pretty aggressive targets I believe.

While WWI might start off small my understanding is there is a number of other opportunities in the Witswaterand Basin to get new mines going management have hinted as such. If West Wits proves themselves competent they could win those tenders with the Government and do it again.

The power vacuum of big miners pulling out leaves opportunity for a small to mid tier to become larger over time. Just imo.

I'd like to see them get to 60k oz's a lot sooner than 3 years, I hope Jac's can pull that off I think the DFS is incredibly conservative and once they get going the mining ramp up hopefully will be quicker than anticipated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WWI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $30.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $30.62K 2.525M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1347015 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 178308 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WWI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.