MYG 0.00% 72.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

finance, page-50

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    ryanst,

I could be mistaken and don't want to put words in other people's mouths; but the sentiment i'm reading in s/h posts on this thread are feelings of disrespect, rather than panic and fear. Of course nobody likes to watch their investment drop like a stone but that seems to almost be a side issue to the repeated and constant delays for so many announcements over the last two years. I don't think many here would be naive enough to think MYG was ever a sure-thing. On the other hand, a reasonable person expects some degree of moderation in corporate communications, such that, ok, one or two missed targets are understandable, however repeated behaviour of this type leaves many with a bad taste that they probably should have sold on if not comfortable (self included). I would suggest s/h on here would be more content to have NO expectation created at all for event milestones than repeatedly be let down. Afterall, it's chumpchange to the board of these small explorers but hard earned biscuits for a great majority of the shareholders on the registry.

With regards the volume, i think that depends on whether you mean in absolute terms or relative to normal MYG volumes. My thoughts are that it picked-up in the last two days and i wouldn't call $225,000 worth of stock in that time nothing (again, speaking relative to MYG here - not NCM). You could be right though, maybe M&D investors, maybe not. My general (not MYG-specific) observation of the market would be that it's curious how so many shares move prior to announcments and i'm not just talking about ones that are expected at a fairly pinpoint time, e.g. drilling results. The market seems to have an uncanny knack of pre-empting news by selling-off, in advance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.