MBN 0.00% 8.3¢ mirabela nickel limited

October 01 2008Nickel Miner Flexes Up, Sweetens FeesMirabela,...

1. 165 Posts.
    October 01 2008
    Nickel Miner Flexes Up, Sweetens Fees
    Mirabela, the Australian-owned nickel miner seeking funds for a Brazil project, has changed the terms
    on a $280m 6.5-year loan it is syndicating, due to a substantial rise in cost of funds at lenders. The
    margin has been bumped up to 325bp over Libor during the construction period, from the 250bp it was
    originally launched at, say people familiar with the terms. For post-completion, the margin has risen to
    300bp. Up front fees have also been flexed up to 175bp for $30m tickets, versus 100bp, and to 125bp for
    $15m chunks, from an originally proposed 75bp. Lenders are at the mercy of a freezing of the interbank
    market that has pushed 3-month Libor to around 4.10% this week. The Mirabela project loan is part of a
    $518m financing package. Australia’s Mirabela has secured $100m in subordinated loans from the
    offtaker: $50m from Votorantim and $50m from Norilsk, the major Russian nickel producer. The Norilsk
    loan is convertible into 5m shares at $8.00 apiece. Barclays and Credit Suisse are leading the
    transaction, which was launched mid-September.

From what i can gather, the interbank rates are increasing as banks don't want to lend to each other, so they have to offer better rates to attract people/banks to part with their money. I guess this correlates into higher financing costs, lower earnings after tax and interest. Damn

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.