IBX 0.00% 7.4¢ imagion biosystems limited

Financial incentives for recruiting is not uncommon

1. 6,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1754
    Fair question.

Full text of article is available:
    https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Models-of-payment-for-the-participation-of-research-subjects_tbl1_7737793

I searched my journal databases and there are just as many articles stating there are numerous disadvantages associated with payment of subjects. Payment is not common practice in Australia; more common in the US. Regardless, payment in Imagion's trial would require a fairly significant trial re-design...

Should we petition Red Cross to enable payment for plasma donations, and the sprog clinics to pay sperm donors also? smile.png
  2. 4,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1862
    It's not a bad comment you make. But you go to the Red Cross to make a blood donation and they give you an amazingly tasty biscuit and tell you all about the lives you're saving. And even then with the direct link between your volunteering and the lives you save they still run short of blood.

I think it's going to be really hard to get a 15 patient cohort without a trial redesign.

And then what about the next step, 300 people? You can understand the markets apprehension.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.