AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

"if for example I bought AVZ I would think it would therefore be...

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    "if for example I bought AVZ I would think it would therefore be pretty standard fundamental analysis 101 to come onto the AVZ thread to compare AVZ to other stocks and list the reasons why I thought AVZ was superior. If I held BGS I would do the same on the BGS threads"

If you took the conclusions of your preliminary research, especially the weaknesses or negatives you perceived in the stocks to the places where those stocks had champions or people that were still positive them, don't you think you'd have a better chance of improving or confirming your research rather than going to a group that you know already agrees with you?

Seems like your approach as a research method might not be so good for removing confirmation bias and testing your research conclusions as offering your preliminary negativity for criticism.

Agree with your post with respect to civility and humility and open mindedness. Appreciate your efforts as a mod.

But because of the confirmation bias thing - I couldn't help but tick the post by Vallhalid.

I think the best researchers do their own research and learn confidence in that but such is largely solitary (and I think the best researchers can't eliminate all areas of bias and oversight - there simply isn't time - at least with a fundamentals approach) yet HotCopper is a forum and people don't go into forums for solitude. Tribalism unfortunately might be the form of social interaction that forums with no price to enter and no price to comment might naturally foster best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.