NDO 0.56% 90.0¢ nido education limited

Hi Par15,Re: Reserves. Please have a look at NDO's presentation...

1. opt
    193 Posts.
    Hi Par15,

Re: Reserves. Please have a look at NDO's presentation dated 12 March 2009 titled 2008 Full Year Results. On page seven the Galoc reserves are stated as 4.2 MMbbl, about 10% of your assumption.

Tindalo and Yakal are not certified or proven. Currently NDO are reporting a resource of 11 and 5.1 MMbbl in place respectively. Assuming a recovery factor of 40% and NDO's 60% an unrisked 2.6 and 1.2 MMbbl for a total of 3.8 MMbbl. Considerably less than your assumption of ~20 MMbbl.

I'd guess that reducing your reserves by a factor of ten would reduce your share value accordingly.

I'd also be cautious about increasing production by 15% annually and projecting your government share figures into the future. Oil depletes in an exponential fashion. Galoc was granted a 100% cost recovery for a period of time. That will expire and the government will be taking a larger share.

DCF is an excellent tool when testing a range of assumptions however can yield skewed results if used for high risk businesses like oil and gas. I find a more robust analysis is using reserve numbers and a $/bbl figure for reserves in the ground. This is a quick check to see if you're in the ballpark and is used in the business for petroleum M&A work. Its particulary usefull for companies like NDO who have a substantial exploration portfolio. You can check the value add of a given prospect by estimating its net resource and figuring in a risk. This sort of analysis shows that the value of the company will leap on exploration success. With that caveat I would recommend you have a look at the potential of Gindarra in your model.

I agree that the key risk is oil price but second to that is reserves and government take .

Regards,
    OPT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NDO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.0¢
Change
0.005(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $205.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 90.0¢ 90.0¢ $17.45K 19.39K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.0¢ 3950 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NDO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.