If you are an independant adviser you can sell any product as...

1. 514 Posts.
    If you are an independant adviser you can sell any product as long as its on your Approved Product List and your APL can be as big/small as you like but does cost you in insurance.

"And the mortgage isn't one of the products you sell? Then, presumably, you can't advise that"
    One of the very first things planners are taught strategy wise is all non deductible debt should be paid off first, but you have to be careful I had an appointment where a another adviser had advised them to pay off their debt and cop a $24,000 early payment fee. Generally, but not always, straightforward when concerning non tax deductible debt. Once again this is a strategy not a product. I think most people get caught up in the fact that advisers can sell products when the strategy comes first!!!! My simple advice to people is if you want to see a financial adviser find out how much for a statement of advice will cost and explain that you only want a strategy and that you will do your own product research/purchase.

Lindso, independant practices must have their own licence.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.