DopeyI was going to buy that book but got distracted so thanks...

1. 30,339 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837
    Dopey

I was going to buy that book but got distracted so thanks for reminding me. I find the difficult thing is how to develop a working strategy to deal with what is a chaotic scenario.

What usually happens with these melt downs, they seem to grind on very slowly.

The dotcom bubble took an age to burst, the melt down in the US from subprime took an age.

When I say I am a dissenter, what I mean is I am questioning not the premise but the timing. The tempo in here is always that it's about to happen, and I think it is worthwhile listening to those who have a counter view.

I have always waaayyy too ahead of the market with the apocolyptic scenarios and need to pull back and understand the dynamics of what is going on much more closely. With China I believe they are pulling as many levers as they can. I don't say disaster will be averted, but it might be contained for much longer than we think.

(It's a shame I didn't find my actually recent exchange with Alice Trappers earlier. I had the flu when I wrote that and forgot about it totally. We are on much more common ground than he realises. Nobody's perfect but making personal insults is way out of line.)

This is a very stressful time. Markets are manipulated beyond imaginings. HFT is running amok and unchallenged. I have a background as a regulator and the entire situation makes me very very nervous.

cheers

DV

PS my sign off is directed at manipulators who upramp or downramp a stock. Often they are plants. I loathe that because you can't reason with them and the less well researched get influenced to buy or sell depending.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.