VUL 2.35% $4.58 vulcan energy resources limited

Cheers Nassau.... Yes ... live and let live. From my side I am...

1. 18,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3822
    Cheers Nassau....

Yes ... live and let live.
    From my side I am not trying to deprive anyone here of oxygen nor make people feel defensive, and I regret for the newbies that the price is taking another hit today .
    (-As @Rupfel said earlier you don’t lose money unless you sell, and as far as trying to catch falling knives goes ...in my experience of trying to do this this multiple times.... I now feel it is better to wait for genuine news or significant buying support before buying more rather than just giving in to impulse .)

Joe Lowry’s points - agenda or not- include these:

1) “Vulcan has no proven lithium reserves.”

2) the DLE lithium extraction in Argentina is a hybrid DLE and would not be suitable for ‘Rhine brine’ .
    “Battery quality lithium chemicals have never been produced on a commercial basis from a geothermal DLE lithium process.”

3) “they (Vulcan ) state they will use “production wells successfully implemented for decades on salars”.
    He thought this gave a wrong impression that *well-tried* methods would be used (giving comfort to novice investors?) but explained ... “On lithium salar operations in South America wells can be from a few meters to a few hundred meters deep and are relatively inexpensive to drill vs the geothermal wells. Geothermal drilling is more like drilling an oil well from a cost, technology and complexity perspective”

4) Vulcan’s cost estimate is based on a process that has never been used on a commercial basis with lithium and (naturally enough?) The Vulcan cost estimate is rife with extremely optimistic assumptions..”

5) The “dual project structure” adds complexity and execution risk

They are surely of interest to many, both in and out of HC, seeing as the market cap here was recently well over a billion dollars and now it is not?

But in the last few days the points were stifled and Lowry was lambasted (on this forum ) along the lines of ‘he’s not a nice person’ and ‘he’s just jealous’ when anyone raised his questions for discussion.
    ????
    Shooting the messenger is pretty common but after you have trampled on his corpse what about that bit of paper he was holding?

As you said before [here] the process that has been launched here will take time (and some inventions too by the sounds of things) and maybe the market did not account for this?

And @Rupfel yes I do think there was a ‘pump’ and that prices got out of line with the reality.

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 24/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.58
Change
-0.110(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $865.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.57 $4.65 $4.50 $1.244M 271.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 33857 $4.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.59 1497 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.20pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.