Financial threatening phone calls, page-12

1. 2,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43

Of course we all knew your taxes were up to date ... you are, after all, ‘diligent’!

I can assure you that if my elderly parents had received a call like this ... they would have thought it to be the ATO and would have worried sick over it.

My Mum, in her latter years and beginning to have dementia, used to donate to every charity that phoned her home ... it was natural to Mum because they had always donated to many charities over the years anyway. However; a problem existed when Mum would agree to support and then they would send a letter and return envelope to include actual details for the donation to be made. Then the hounding would start. We couldn’t keep up with them. My Mum was on the Do Not Call Register but this didn’t include charities. I think it should as too many elderly people are vulnerable.

I also received the Chinese call only last week. I hadn’t answered it, but the message was on my mobile phone. I deleted of course, but not before checking the details of the call and where it had come from. Interestingly, it had origin of call as ‘The Chinese Embassy Canberra’. They certainly try hard!!!

Cheers ...
    Cazzex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.