QBE 2.02% $16.96 qbe insurance group limited

QBE - in my opinion a great company, I want to load up some...

1. 20 Posts.
    QBE - in my opinion a great company, I want to load up some more. I haven't at the moment because I wanted to see where the price would run. Afraid of a bear trap!

Some shorters guilty of market manipulation? Yes.

These people should be done for market manipulation where:
    - there has been professional shorting
    - in order to intentionally put pressure on the share price
    - for the purpose of participating in a capital raising.

I agree, they should have the book thrown at them. ASIC should be doing far more in this regard as it would be hard to prove.

However shorters destroying retirement savings? I'm afraid I don't agree.

Investors should understand there are risks to investing or they should not invest at all. "Past performance does not guarantee future returns" was plastered all over the place - if only investors would read brochures and advice. They don't unfortunately.

I didn't listen when I loaded up on blue chips, gearing myself up. I was motivated by human self-interest (read: greed), and put my money in equities.

If retirees were not motivated by this same self-interest, they would choose cash or fixed interest, "safe" investments. With equities, there are risks. This also applies to super accounts. And really, there is no excuse for not researching investments - ESPECIALLY if you're retired and have more time on your hands than a full time worker!!

In my opinion, those retirees should have had some cash to meet their living expenses, so they would not have to sell equities or property at a loss to fund consumption.

(DISCLAIMER - this my opinion only and not advice. I am not a financial advisor, so get your own financial advice you lazy so and so.)

I feel its a pity I have to disclaim what I feel is common sense on the off chance I get sued because someone might blame me for relying on my opinion.

Alas, people will never learn...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.