GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Financials

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    In this update of 31 October, the company advise that have loans totaling $47 million. The first of these loans of $31m matures on the 24 th Feb (ie must be repayed then).

They will have around now (end of quarter) just  $5 million cash, based on the figures in the quarterly report see Page 4. (ie cash of $9m at start of quarter, outflows of $21.7m and that $16m loan drawdown).

The update suggests funds will be received with the imminent shipments, however Galaxy received up front payments in April, May this year ........totaling about A$18m, for which they have not delivered any product.

I imagine a not too happy customer, having made payments 6 months and still no product. Will Galaxy deliver their initial shipments to this customer, or another party and generate some cash. ?

They are hoping to arrange another loan to cover the $31m soon.

It is a billion dollar company now. I do not think it  unreasonable to go to the market for a modest capital raising. Get it over with prior to Xmas and clear the deck of these loans. We will see what happens.....however it is a bit messy.

----

Remember that header $125m revenues v $1b cap. I simply went to their Swiss presentation. It was the company who advised production of 160, 000 tons of concentrate at a satisfactory price. They firstly have to fill that binding contract of 60,ooo tons, locked in at $600 per ton.

They are 6 months behind and I am not too sure in a good position to negotiate price rises.....but anyway lets say the balance comes in at $800 per ton.  Adds only another $20 m in gross revenues....or $145m v cap of $1 b. That is very poor.

http://www.galaxyresources.com.au/media/announcements/43cgy5npw26tcp.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.