GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

In this update of 31 October, the company advise that have loans...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    In this update of 31 October, the company advise that have loans totaling $47 million. The first of these loans of $31m matures on the 24 th Feb (ie must be repayed then).

They will have around now (end of quarter) just  $5 million cash, based on the figures in the quarterly report see Page 4. (ie cash of $9m at start of quarter, outflows of $21.7m and that $16m loan drawdown).

The update suggests funds will be received with the imminent shipments, however Galaxy received up front payments in April, May this year ........totaling about A$18m, for which they have not delivered any product.

I imagine a not too happy customer, having made payments 6 months and still no product. Will Galaxy deliver their initial shipments to this customer, or another party and generate some cash. ?

They are hoping to arrange another loan to cover the $31m soon.

It is a billion dollar company now. I do not think it  unreasonable to go to the market for a modest capital raising. Get it over with prior to Xmas and clear the deck of these loans. We will see what happens.....however it is a bit messy.

----

Remember that header $125m revenues v $1b cap. I simply went to their Swiss presentation. It was the company who advised production of 160, 000 tons of concentrate at a satisfactory price. They firstly have to fill that binding contract of 60,ooo tons, locked in at $600 per ton.

They are 6 months behind and I am not too sure in a good position to negotiate price rises.....but anyway lets say the balance comes in at $800 per ton.  Adds only another $20 m in gross revenues....or $145m v cap of $1 b. That is very poor.

http://www.galaxyresources.com.au/media/announcements/43cgy5npw26tcp.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.