SNN sonnet corporation limited

I spoke with Marcel on the phone last week when I sent him an...

1. 2,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

I spoke with Marcel on the phone last week when I sent him an email in regard to the Aussie Equities report.
    He seemed vague about the existence of the report and confirmed he had never seen it before, and that they had no intentions of approaching brokers.
    He said that he had had the same question from other investors to the words of "when's the road show start".
    I found this strange because I felt sure that SNN were aware of the report, or otherwise how did Aussie Equities come up with such detailed info ?

I also asked him about how they planned to promote the company, and he replied "we will let the numbers do the talking".
    Once again that made me feel uneasy because, lets face it they are not BHP........I like smaller stocks to promote themselves in a sensible and realistic manner, but Marcel appeared to be firm with his ideals.

I then asked well what about new contracts, why don’t you release some positive details to the market (bearing in mind I've been holding for along period of time without any new contract details), to which he replied "most of our contracts are confidential and we can't discuss them".
    Once again I thought.......this is not want I want to hear.

He then went on to say that they review their main contract every 3 months.....I think what he was saying is that they are being cautious and the contact is always subject to performance levels.....but I just felt very uneasy after the conversation and decided to sell my holdings.

I'm just being cautious because I was holding over $100k and didn't wont to blow my average.
    I don't want this post to come across as negative, because that’s not the intention, this is not a terminal thing.

As you know I was hoping to unload some of my holdings on the broker coverage (I made that clear previously) but that idea went out the window when I talked to him.
    I was also hoping to unload a few on the news of a decent contract announcement, but once again he quashed those hopes.......so I thought what’s left (short term) the market already knows that the half year will look good (this doesn't mean it wont spike on half year figures) but two of my main draw cards are dead and I'm holding more than the I could unload quickly.

I would say that if you are in for the long hall (june 30th) you have no problem.
    In fact the stock may still rise from here, no one can say for sure.
    But I was not impressed with his way of thinking, this stock was fully primed for an upward movement and he doesn't seem aware of that.

In any case I'd advise you to contact the company, because my interpretation may not be correct......I'm just relaying my impressions of the conversation.

Knowing my luck it'll take a 30% run in the next 2 weeks, but I'm happy with my profits.

I just wasn't prepared to take the short term risk and be stuck with such a large holding......I guess it's possible that the only holders left are the long termers that will be rewarded.
    From my point of view I don't mind holding stocks like AvV in the absence of news, because they have strong institutional backing and have a multitude of clients.

I feel I've been more than patient with Sonnet, but another 5 months is out of the question.
    Hopefully if this post ever gets back to Marcel he'll put out a few fancy announcements to get the price moving.............but that’s not the impression I got.

All the best.......Tex.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.