AIM 1.30% 76.0¢ ai-media technologies limited

financing and credit crisis 101, page-2

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    "The only things that that would derail the company?s bid for debt is (1) the legal action going on with NS and (2) the risk that previous MD has stuffed relationships with financiers such as Standard Chartered (who I think were mandated to do some debt for us at some stage)."

Well one hopes with MF no longer in the drivers (although still the Chair)is that point 2 is mitigated to a large degree.On point one,one would think NS would be overjoyed with the rest being debt if Dcroston's latest info is correct.Enough to not create further problems though?I did bring up on numerous occasions through 07 the fact that NS could not have been pleased with Aim changing its financing direction and doing the large US/UK/Canadian raising.It appeared the financing was going to be around the usual 40/60 or 50/50 equity/debt after Aim anncd its finance package and NS took its position and pulled the sp up to 30c+.

A related aside to any debt raising would be just what happens to the TSX listing if they did raise the 56M in debt.I know those Escrow Receipts are Canadian only listable and they talked of a related prospectus.Was this all to do with how those escrow receipts would be listed and traded.Would they be able to do a TSX listing on the basis of the Escrows?

Perhaps somebody up with Canadian IPO's etc etc and have had a chat with Vic Bradley might be able to shed some light on just how they expect to do the TSX listing and whether these escrows are the main security to be used in this listing.

Another line of thinking that Your post niggles at the back of my mind DK is just whether or not all this new Perkoa exploration and upping of output is designed to attract the debt.I think You(or another)floated such an idea but with regard to having to bolster the TSX Ipo numbers.

As far as raising the cash is concerned in tight cash market I think Im guilty of raising this spectre as much as anyone.There are still many banks actively funding much larger financing initiatives so to assume Aim would not be able to raise around 60M with the correct Perkoa numbers and financial assurances with their current financial assets is indeed hard to believe.

d.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $158.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
78.0¢ 78.5¢ 70.0¢ $563.0K 750.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 37893 76.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
77.0¢ 1142 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.