TVN 1.47% 6.7¢ tivan limited

Financing challenge & strategies, page-2

1. 1,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    A two-tranche approach suffers from there being no-TIVAN; without the refinery, the vanadium grades are quite low out of the ground, and the titanium isn't pigment level. I have to read up again on whether the iron is freely available, or needs to pass through the refining process to be liberated from the ore. The economics shift substantially; indeed, Mt Peake would likely not be economical without the refinery. I don't think this can be pulled apart - it's all or nothing in my view.

That's where the trick will lie for funding; this is the first plant-at-scale, and therein lies a substantial level of risk for any financing party/parties. Binding agreements for offtake are all well and good, and they would play a part in getting people over the line to stump up cash, but this is an entirely different proposition.

BUT the CSIRO badge on the scale-testing will be a boon no doubt. We'll see how this plays out - my sentiment remains solidly positive.

Oh - and the fact that they decided to immediately bolt in the Woojin process says to me that PB has some level of confidence for funding. I thought that, there, was where the two-stage might kick in. Save a couple of hundred million by leaving that off the production line, and then self-funding that as a bolt-on later.
    Last edited by kiwihiker: 05/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
-0.001(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $110.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 7.0¢ 6.7¢ $49.12K 721.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 220052 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 98020 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.