KAR 1.13% $1.75 karoon energy ltd

finantial review article, page-11

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi Jovanco,

I'm not necessarily a "more knowledgable O&G poster" but I'm happy to say that the answer to your question is a categorical; "it depends on the structure".

my basic understanding is that KAR has, in the "greater Poseidon structure", a few tilted fault blocks that are not necessarily connected to each other (hence why the oil/water contact level has been different in previous wells), so to determine the absolute size of the structure could take a few more wells (similar to the Woodside Torosa structure)...

internally I would expect that both COP & KAR would have sophisticated modelling programs that would be giving them good indication of the expected final size of the structure, and as their confidence grows with each well result (please bear in mind that even "duster" wells help delineate fields and confirm seismic data etc, so they aren't a complete disaster), these numbers will start to be made public...

indeed, I imagine that some analysts will be producing similar modelling, so keep an eye on their projections too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.75
Change
-0.020(1.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.405B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.78 $1.79 $1.74 $5.751M 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $1.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.75 7996 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.