GMD 0.92% $2.20 genesis minerals limited

Find another company with 1.28m Oz resource and a 150M market cap.......you won't find one, page-10

1. 5,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3858
    Someone was very keen today.

Watching the trades, it increased quickly to 8.4c, and it finished on it's high.

Every time someone dumped shares into 8.4c, they were gobbled up.

Someone, and I'm presuming this might have been a fund or broker, grabbed every share they could at 8.4c, because they didn't last for long once they were put there, so someone was eager to grab everything at 5% higher than yesterday.

I wonder if something is up, because some trading just seems to stink of insider information - and sometimes it's true, and sometimes it's not, only time usually tells.

The one year chart has a terrific upward momentum, so it's best not to trade against the tape, but rather to follow it, because this has been a consistent 6 month rise now.

This could move to 10c, or 10.5c, or 11c reasonably quickly on drilling results.

Who might take it over, SBM or ALK - anyone's guess I suppose, the one thing I don't expect, is for this to develop a mine and go into production before being taken over - but as often happens, I could be wrong.

On good upcoming results, someone might move on this reasonably soon I'd expect, and perhaps Mr 8.4 cent buyer today has got a whiff of something as well.

It does have the potential to push past 1.5 Moz in the short term, and possibly quickly on to 2 Moz, which is a good resource, and will probably be in high demand.

An interesting stock that is hard to pick at times, so best to maybe follow the tape with this one. Be somewhat circumspect however, it's risen from 2.4c at the height of the COVID-19 sell-off, to 8.5c today, but then again, many stocks have risen by more since the COVID-19 sell-off, and gold has risen as well. At these levels, I'm not selling, and I'm not buying, I'm just watching and waiting to see what the trend does in the short term, the bet however, given the chart over the last 6 months, is that it will probably keep rising. Let's see how it goes.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.20
Change
0.020(0.92%)
Mkt cap ! $2.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.23 $2.25 $2.16 $8.795M 3.998M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7587 $2.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.20 266478 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.