RLC 14.3% 0.3¢ reedy lagoon corporation limited

142ppm compared to the impurities, especially that of the...

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    142ppm compared to the impurities, especially that of the magnesium levels shown to me they seem fairly high. Goes with the location I guess. So ASN may have found Lithium however take in account the following:

"Producing battery-grade lithium carbonate requires the purest form of lithium, but lithium brines contain an abundant amount of magnesium and other associated minerals that need to be treated and removed. Separating magnesium from lithium brines is crucial in order to produce high-purity lithium carbonate. The separation process is costly, requires additional steps and uses large amounts of electricity, which increases the carbon footprint for lithium operations."

Not sure what their extraction process and their direction is however don't forget Reedy on the other hand want to do the following:

"They are planning to use technology similar to that pioneered by Italian company Tenova Bateman Technologies known as “TBT” that does not require the use of expensive and expansive evaporation ponds.
    The TBT technology provides for the operator to simply pump the Lithium infused salty water to the surface, circulate it through a processing plant before returning about 90% of the water to the aquifer with the Lithium remaining at surface. Other unwanted excess materials such as Magnesium are also removed."
    So the most important thing for RLC is that there is actually lithium there. Now using this technology to remove high levels of unwanted materials, with that I am guessing they would lose some lithium with it, so yes obviously the less impurities would be better no doubt as it will retain a higher percentage of lithium % but to me the most important factor is that lithium is actually found rather than worrying about the lithium/impurities ratio as much since this tech can essentially remove them, which is why I believe the company has poured so much of their own money into this project and why management has so much confidence. Basically it's like saying. "We even find some lithium, we hit the jackpot ladies and gents"
    Regarding impurities, we should hit low based on the location but the big question IS - How much lithium is there?
    Also I would expect management when making future announcements to mention this technology in more detail and how they plan on implementing it based on results and their findings heading towards production.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RLC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $2.168M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $468 155.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 2205027 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 1337019 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RLC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.