LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

firb - lnc - coal asset sale

1. 721 Posts.
    There is a lot of talk on this forum of LNC being woefully undervalued because of its previous highs and I have been eyeing another purchase lately. I already hold, using the cash from SAPEX (SPXO) sale to buy after takeover - a very nice deal indeed, its worth noting that LNC SP was pushed to an extraordinary price during the takeover - $5.19 (in the midst of Global financial meltdown and Lehman collapse), awfully overvalued and then crashed to $1.25, a LOT of speculation.

So can we get to that amount of speculation again?

From a fundamental perspective:

So we get to the third time lucky scenario of the coal tenements sale, UBS managing the sale and a slow, cautious approach. Problem is, the FIRB -

"the government is much more comfortable with Chinese investments in undeveloped projects below 50 per cent and in major producers at below 15 per cent."

There is now a long list of Chinese investments that have been capped or called off.

Sinosteel - Murchinson Metals - 49.9%
    CNMC - Lyncas - Deal called off
    Yanzhou Coal - Felix Coal - FIRB reinforcement of 50% rule, deal up in the air.

The only 2 complete takeovers or controlling interests, so far have been:

China Minmetal - OZ Minerals
    Zhongjin Lingnan's controlling stake in Perilya

Both were Australian companies in trouble and massive debt.

The closest comparable deal is Felix Coal, which has set off some alarm bells. I also strongly believe that Yanzhou are one of the bidders for LNC. I will be eyeing what happens with the Felix deal in regards putting more money into LNC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.