NST 0.08% $13.00 northern star resources ltd

ABC News - Fimiston Mill fire at Kalgoorlie Super Pit rapidly...

1. 70 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    ABC News - Fimiston Mill fire at Kalgoorlie Super Pit rapidly contained, up to $700k in damage estimated. The officer-in-charge of Kalgoorlie Fire Station has praised the "rapid response" of emergency personnel to contain an industrial fire that caused up to $700,000 damage to the processing plant at Kalgoorlie's Super Pit gold mine. Crews were able to "rapidly" get the fire under control, which was contained to a single tank. It is estimated to have caused at least $500,000 worth of damage. According to Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES), fire crews were called to the Fimiston Mill at 3:36am on Friday. There are no reports of injuries after workers were evacuated and early estimates suggest the fire caused between $500,000 and $700,000 in damage. Kalgoorlie Fire Station officer Troy Della-Costa said it was the first industrial fire he had attended at the Super Pit site in his 20 years as a local firefighter. He said the fire was contained to a single tank, which was destroyed."On arriving, there was a rubber-lined tank that was well ablaze," Mr Della-Costa said."They're in the middle of a shutdown in that area and I do believe that there was some hot works going on just prior to the start of this fire. "It did spread fairly quickly from the area of origin, but it was contained to that one tank and a small bit of infrastructure coming off the tank."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.00
Change
-0.010(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $14.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.06 $13.07 $12.97 $72.66M 5.575M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 262060 $13.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.01 3144 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.