firefox down, page-13

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

Hi bozzle,
    Many thanks for going to all that trouble.
    That message was certainly strange. The Firefox page would not open at all, just a blank page with that message at the top.
    IE8 opened straight away, allowing me to access HC, but even with IE8 open & working, Firefox would not open, despite repeated attempts.
    I had cleared temp files, cookies, etc last night...I do that daily using CCleaner.
    The funny thing is that even when using IE8, some traffic seems to go through Firefox, especially during searches.
    With Firefox down this morning, and using IE8, Firefox was still collecting History and cookies, which I would delete using CCleaner.They would return with continued IE8 use? Strange, eh?
    But the strangest thing is that Firefox has started working again......now work that out.
    I WILL try Malwarebytes (have used it before), but dont know if it will be compatible with Microsoft Essentials, which I use as an anti-virus.
    So with Firefox now operating, I'll let sleeping dogs lie...till next time, as I have no idea what had been the problem......
    Many thanks, mate, and also to Bundy, Tell, Birdman, and Watso....

Watso, will try that "portable application" option. I have a lot of stuff saved in email folders and would bleed badly if I lost them. Having them backed up on an external drive would be a great idea. Thanks for that.

cheers
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.