What a piss-weak answer! You say going direct to the bank means...

1. 1,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    What a piss-weak answer! You say going direct to the bank means you will get rubbish service, but what service are you offering exactly?

The question I put forward to you was what would you do if this was your client - you had put forward the loan to the bank, the bank agreed and reversed their position shortly thereafter giving insufficient time for you to arrange an alternative.

So basically if the shit hits the fan, your response is "should have used another lender" rather than going into bat for your client and getting the bank to honour the deal they previously agreed.

So what good would using a mortgage broker be? Seems like you would only add another layer of bullshit to the process.

If you were a good broker (doubtful), surely you would have a significant enough book of business that you can use as leverage to get deals done. But I guess you must be running a mickey mouse operation. Saying it is "bank's policy" would not fly with me, we both know the bank will ignore their policies when there is a business case for it (which is exactly what the first loan officer did before he left the organisation).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.