RES 0.00% $4.61 resource generation limited

Hope I'm not breaking any copyright/reproduction laws but in the...

1. 2,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Hope I'm not breaking any copyright/reproduction laws but in the Mining Journal this morning (below). This is good news....but could also be an excuse to delay any finance decision (by the financiers) until the charter is finalised. (and the new Minerals resources minister is the ex-National Union of Mines Secretary!!)

Mining Journal - "We Will Finish [The Sa Mining Charter] Within Three Months"
    "We will finish [the SA mining charter] within three months"

South Africa’s newly-installed mineral resources minister Gwede Mantashe has told a local 24-hour news service he intends to finalise the country’s controversial mining charter within months.
    Staff reporter
    New resources minister Gwede Mantashe vows to finalise charter
    01 MARCH 2018
    • 01/03/2018
    • e to Facebook
      • FacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to TumblrTumblrShare to Google+Google+S
    "We will finish it within three months, I am putting that timeframe for myself," Mantashe told the eNCA news channel, Reuters reported.

Mantashe's surprise appointment to the role was welcomed this week by South Africa's Chamber of Mines, which has postponed its court action opposing the updated charter released in mid-2017.

The charter unveiled by former mining minister Mosebenzi Zwane had little industry consultation and had increased requirements for black ownership and community payments, among others.

The chamber has said Mantashe, previously the National Union of Mines general secretary, was a person with whom the industry had long held "a constructive and respectful relationship".

It had agreed to postpone its court action in mid-February on the basis of new president Cyril Ramaphosa's commitment to resolve the charter impasse and to facilitate consultation.

"The chamber welcomes the opportunity the president's commitment provides, which will allow parties the space to engage and find an amicable solution," it said at the time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RES (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.