First Day Night Test, page-51

1. 5,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Well having been at the match, I think from a spectators point of view that is is great we dont have to roast in the sun for an entire day, and probably the players will like that too.

It seemed to give flexibility for when and how long people watched the game. Many people coming and going throughout the day. Thus the ground never looked full.

Night cricket brings the play closer to the spectator at the ground.

The pink ball was fine to see. Easier than the red a alot of the time. But white is better.

Id prefer more of the game during the night. With summer and daylight savings Hobart and Melbourne would be lucky to have 30-45 mins in pitch black in mid summer. But a test in Melb in late February is a chance.(yes a second test)

The ball and conditions finally give the bowlers a break. Batsman have had everything go their way for years.

Players can just suck up the change. No one looked like they were affected. They get paid to play the sport they love. Then play it without whinging.

TV will be doing cart wheels and pushing for more.

Will it get people to games in the West Indies etc. Maybe. I hope so. Anywhere near the equator will benefit as it is dark about 6pm. And people and kids will be home from school and work.

BUT the players have to make it interesting. And give the game tempo.

DRS is a waste of time. Supposed to stop howlers, now it makes them! Cost NZ the match.

I went to a night WSC game in 1977/78 at VFL park as a kid. It has taken near on 40 years for this to happen. For gods sake! What a crock! The stick in the mud types will kill the game before it is too late. I LOVE test cricket. But it must be accessible and not aloof.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.