GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

First gold for Barra Michael VaughanFriday, 25 August 2006BARRA...

1. 29 Posts.
    First gold for Barra

Michael Vaughan
    Friday, 25 August 2006

BARRA Resources is running ahead of schedule with gold production from its Burbanks project near Coolgardie in Western Australia and the mine's performance is expected to improve further once stoping begins in October.

The first gold pour from Barra Resources Burbanks gold mine in Western Australia

Barra expected to produce 1100 ounces this month but after pouring the first two gold bars at Burbanks yesterday, the company upgraded its August output to 2400oz.

Grade from this initial material was expected to be 5.3 grams per tonne but so far has run at 6.7gpt.

Barra managing director Dean Goodwin told MiningNews.net in a couple of weeks when the first 10,000 tonne parcel of ore has been processed and reconciled at the Greenfields mill, the company will have a better idea of likely production moving forward.

He said once stoping begins in October, grades and production are both expected to improve.

Burbanks has a resource base of 74,000oz.

Drilling of the Wahloo Shoot at Burbanks is underway, following up recent hits of 6.8m grading 33.2gpt gold, 10.1m at 5.8gpt gold and 11.9m grading 4.9gpt gold.

Of the 10 holes drilled in the recent program Goodwin said only five intersected mineralisation because of a misinterpretation of Wahloo's orientation. This problem has now been overcome and drilling to test downplunge and downdip extensions of the ore body is in progress.

Shares in Barra were up 0.5c (1.7%) at 29.5c by midday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.