MOB 0.00% 1.0¢ mobilicom limited

re: appeal Shorter,Vodafone may well have submitted an Offer of...

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    re: appeal Shorter,

Vodafone may well have submitted an Offer of Compromise as a tactical step in order to pressure MOB to accept.

If so, then the :costs" issue may well end up falling back into MOB's hands (ie: their risk if the amount finally awarded is less than the Offer).

Beyond that, I have seen nothing stated officially by Vodafone (nor would I expect to see anything) suggesting that a settlement offer is currently being worked out.

Prospects of a settlement, therefore, are entirely speculative, at this stage.

Once the decision as to the award of damages is made, Vodafone will then decide on its next course of action (resolution, or appeal).

Any appeal, however, will go to the Full Court, and may not even be heard this year (the Court's calendar, permitting). In any event, a judgement on Appeal would be unlikely before this time, next year.

The initial action was commence during Q3/01, and zhas taken the better part of 18+ months to getd to this stage, so that goes to demonstrate just how long the Appeal process could also go for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.