"Can we have a First first Peoples day , for the poor souls that...

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    "Can we have a First first Peoples day , for the poor souls that the Aboriginals killed out?"

Or alternatively, can we celebrate the possibility it was a dead heat or triple dead heat for first-peoples first place.
    That was my 'first' thought when I glimpsed the Header phrase "First Peoples Day Proposed ..."

3. pl. peo·ples A body of persons sharing a common religion, culture, or language: the peoples of central Asia.

I read theories that Homo Erectus, a predecessor to homo sapiens [anatomically modern humans], never made it to Australia although they know he made it across the Wallace line to Flores [to Wallacea] from fossils found there.

How can archaeologists be so sure Homo Erectus never arrived in Australia 65,000 years ago, known as Sahul [PNG-Australia continent] during the last glacial period maximum, when we know Erectus could sail or paddle across open water because he crossed the 11.4 mile Lombok Strait or Wallace Line to Flores and reaching Papua/Australia from Flores would have been a few short paddles back then during the much lower sea levels of the ice age compared to crossing the deep Lombok Strait?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.