first post - have my views and now a vision

1. 14 Posts.
    Firstly, I've learnt so much from reading thousands of posts over the years. Thank you particularly to those that encourage debate and share critical thought.

I think precious metals offer security but not the innovative force of capitalism. Bullion in the sock drawer does not help the productivity, environmental or social development that improves our quality of life.

I think Greece will not pay their debts partially because of the degree of austerity required, but principally because of domestic politics - the main victims of a Greek default are non-Greek eurozone banks.

I think OZ property is over-valued and that many negative gearers are losing more than they will ever recover through property appreciation.

But, while the majority of market participants ignore these points the show goes on.

If as a country we were excelling in more than being a conveniently located quarry I'd jump in the banks.

As for the retailers, from a cost of living perspective I hope their margins fall due to competition.

Our standout (non-mining) blue chip global companies with USD profits have had QE1+2 debase these profits (QBE/CSL/CPU)

I have a 9 month old son and am looking to invest for his future education (in my view the best investment).

Really can't decide on where to park our savings.

I know I sound like a bear, but I really want to be a bull.

In saying that, my young bloke will be sharing this planet with more people, with accelerated development in emerging economies, I guess commodities are the answer, just a question of entry price.

your thoughts....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.