GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Officegirl, you really don't want to be stressing over your...

1. 77 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Officegirl, you really don't want to be stressing over your investments, they will go up and they will go down, having a long term view is important.

I have a lot of gold stocks and these move around a lot, some days they get totally hammered, down 10 or 15% in a session, other days they could be up those kind of numbers. The last 4 or 5 years have been a bit depressing, this year they have been on fire and I have made significant profits, but for 4 or 5 years I was looking a bit stupid.........If I worried about the day to day flutuations I would be a wreck. I think the long term prospects for gold were and are are extremely good, years or decades to come so I just don't worry about the price, I am more concerned about the companys health than the day to day price gyrations......... so thats a qustion to ask yourself about any investment you make.

I think those that worry about day to day movements in share prices are not investors they are speculators.

If your worried about your capital then why do't you take a small profit equal to the amount of your original investment, then you will be free carried and can never lose regardless of what the future holds. For me........ I plan to hold until the shares are $2-3.00 and then reasses at that time. I have a fairly large holding so I may take some profits at some point, more because that is just sensible if my portfolio is significantly overweight a single stock.

Good luck with your investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.