CAR 1.34% $34.53 car group limited

Warning: I am a beginner. So this may sound trivial. On Tue 16...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    Warning: I am a beginner. So this may sound trivial.

On Tue 16 Sept 14, I brought 196 shares @ $10.18. It was my 6th share I have ever brought. I was caught up in the hype that Internet stocks like CAR, REA and SEK were the hot stocks but unfortunately they was 2012/2013 stories. So I waited for a dip in CAR because it "looked" the cheapest.

For much of 2015, CAR hovered below my purchase price and I didn't top up due to lack of funds. I thought CAR would be a long term hold. I watched a Roger Montgomery video blog early 2014 where he said that he thinks that CAR will be around $30 in about 10 years. (Sorry, I can't find it.) Why I listened?? I guessed I was uneducated. I guessed I suffered from FOMO. There were many very favourable reports of CAR by various commentors.

What made me changed my mind about CAR is that I realised I missed the boat. I brought at the wrong time when I should have brought in 2012/2013 (I wasn't looking at shares back then). I felt very impatient with CAR sideward movements. Then I realised that I did not studied its financial report properly. Its debt level is too high for my liking. Now I want some money for other shares I want to buy in the near future.

So today I sold 196 shares @ $11.75. Only a 15% profit but the actual amount of money I made is even more embarrassing. I have a very low income, so I am grateful for any profit.

As this is my first sale, CAR could obviously rocket up the day after I sell. I could be kicking myself for changing my mind into thinking that CAR isn't a long term hold. Obviously all of the experienced investor could tell me that I made a big mistake.

I feel relieved that I sold a stock that I change my mind about at a very small profit instead of a loss.

Please provide constructive feedback as I am learning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.53
Change
0.455(1.34%)
Mkt cap ! $13.01B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.39 $34.86 $34.39 $9.223M 266.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 216 $34.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.53 680 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.