Hi AuCu, I'm not 100% sure what your point is.. Are you saying...

1. 6,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1034
    Hi AuCu, I'm not 100% sure what your point is.. Are you saying we should spend less on defence ?

The Thales Hawkei program is another one mired in controversy and linked to good old Christian Porter whereby the deal somehow was skipped by the audit committee etc etc etc

However.. if the product works, can be maintained here.. can be repaired here.. I accept that the $$$ are going to be significant

Remember the lead times on these purchases / programs are massive.. even Hawkei.. That vehicle has morphed into an absolute beast of a thing from the original frame / vehicle of 10-15 years ago ..

Look at the Collins class submarine.. A dud right ? Well finally after years and years of training, refits, upgrades, repairs etc etc, they are now a critical force multiplier in the ocean.. We can't field a lot of them, perhaps 2 or 3 at any one time but those subs are literally capable of decimating an enemy fleet and then disappearing without a trace.. That's called deterrent and that's what you get for the $$$

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.