Googling around to see if any of the media outlets who praised...

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Googling around to see if any of the media outlets who praised and supported the lies and inaccuracies contained in Schiff's memo, had bothered to revisit the topic after the IG report. Didn't find that, but I found this article which illustrates the FISA Court was always the docile pet of Federal agencies making applications.

So, 99% of all FISA warrant applications are approved and FBI agents do not have to swear to the truthfulness of their statements to get warrants. Wow, that latter point is truly astonishing to me. You couldn't get a part-time Magistrate in a cardigan in Australia to approve a warrant without the applicant swearing to the truthfulness of their application.

But this FISA Court is fine with that, despite the fact the proceedings are secret, the warrants allow a pretty much proctological examination of the target and anyone 2 steps from them and the evidentiary bar to get such a warrant is pretty much set on the ground.

I wonder if the 1% applications not approved had the target's name missing.

Although, FISA Court did let NSA do all that mass-surveillance on all US citizens, so maybe it was something else. Maybe 1% of the applications were the Feds testing just how low the bar was set.

I can appreciate accepting a certain level of 'sleight of hand' involved in trying to stitch up spies, etc. because it's important work, but you've got to insist on some basic standards - like the government employees making applications at least telling the truth.  

The Court barred one senior FBI Counter Intelligence officer from ever appearing before them again! How bad a liar must he have been?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...aign-column/4383722002/?utm_term=upNextModule

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.