CSS 5.13% 18.5¢ clean seas seafood limited

Fish market trip, page-18

1. 1,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    I personally wouldnt be concerned if Im guessing. After all, if its a guess theres no need to worry about certain factors.

You're better off thinking about what you are saying. For example; margins. CSS have stated a few times now that cash profits which are trading profits/margins will be around $2.50/kg. What matters in this industry is volume as costs move in-line with sales and dont really flatten. This is because more fish require more feed (which is the single biggest cost). Volume means tonnes.

In FY17 the bus recorded margins of $0.87/kg. (for reasons provided by company) achieving a full year profit. Given that they expect $2.50-$3/kg in the next 2-3yrs even at current margins profit is possible.

Word around rhe campfire is that they are currently running at around $1.50/kg, which means big gross margins. As previously stated I am forecasting neg cash flows due to heavy capex.

In the company's words "...profit significantly higher than FY17". Clearly this cant be possible without large gross margin dollars.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.