WKL western kingfish limited

fish mortality event, page-2

1. 738 Posts.
    All IMO.

A bacterial intestine (or internal organ) infection isnt that great news. Love to know what pathogen they are dealing with. I'll bet that prolonged exposure to unsatisfactory oxy levels has weakened the stocks immune system to the point where opportunistic bacterial infection/disease has occured

Could well have a lot to do with husbandry techniques and the environment in fact I'll bet on it.

Brings me to the leader of these guys. His claim to fame is system farms and if you look into his record more closely you have to question if he has the biological vs environmental understanding required to pull this off. I mean - he has grown Atlantics in Tasmania where there are low temps and as a consequence high dissolved oxygen concentrations - apparently the Tamar farm he ran had nil disease (including Ameobic Gill Disease which is prevelent elsewhere). Very different environmental situation - Jurien Bay vs Tamar River Tasmania.

The company's claim that the high temperatures would promote higher growth rates holds true - but the high growth rate comes at a significant albeit not insurmountable cost. Needs leadership that understands the full picture - not just the upside potential.

I don't hold but have watched closely.

All in my opinion only.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.