fishing stories, page-39

1. 5,380 Posts.
    Hi rabbitoh,thanks for the reply, yep i remember the Jerseyville punt really well, we used to catch it all the time, i used to love going over on it. And the Smithtown punt too

My Mum caught the biggest Flathead i've ever seen from the Jerseyville wharf, it was around 10lb
    Not sure if they're around in such plentiful supply anymore tho

I know exactly where your property was, opposite the boy's home.

What a great story about the Jewies smashing into the Mullet at night and the tree branches touching in the middle of the river
    I wonder if they were the Moreton Bay Figs that grow around there?? They get monstrous

I also remember when the Trial Bay Gaol actually had all the original fittings from the old days before they were all pinched and removed

Know what you mean about the Riverside and housing etc, but unfortunately that's so called progress

I was really disappointed to see all the Blackberry bushes had been poisoned and removed around Arakoon, we used to fill up buckets with them and make homemade Blackberry pies, and even tho the kids got a few cuts from them they used to love gathering them with us

Good to hear so many others like SWR as well, it'll always be my fave place to go and a distinct possibility i'll go back and retire there

One last tip for any newbies to SWR, check out Gap Beach while you're there, somedays you have the pristine beach all to yourself, it's safe to swim and pristine with a rainforest bordering it, and you can take a trail walk from the top Gap Beach car park around to Smokey Cape Lighthouse for one of the best views around

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.