Ah, I kinda get what he's articulating pierogi , so he's served...

1. 27,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Ah, I kinda get what he's articulating pierogi , so he's served for 25 years and labor has only held the treasury benches for 6 of them.
    The facts are, the blue collar workforce isn't an homogenous band of workers on struggle street.
    So as he sees it, the labor party needs a nuanced suit of policies to suit a multitude of wage earners from low wage through to those on $ 200K struggle street sic FIFO and or coal miners ect, thus nullifying the " aspirational " siren from the liberal party.
    Is it possible?, I don't think so.
    And here is where the labor party are struggling pierogi IMO, yes the sons and daughters of previous labor supporters are still wearing hi-vis and $200 work boots, but their incomes aren't those of their parents , quite the opposite.
    At the last election , obviously those who earnt the most wanted to keep what they earnt, so they voted for more ponzi houses via negative gearing.
    The labor party IMO, needs to come up with a vehicle ( policy ) that kills off negative gearing but offers a tax break, so as those who want to keep their money do so, but the country is better off with lower priced housing for all IMO, as a first cab off the rank thought what about an R&D tax break for PAYG tax payers, investing in new technology?

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.