QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

I have predicted that Qantas will be broadly back to normal by...

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    I have predicted that Qantas will be broadly back to normal by October this year (minus International travel).

My reasoning is one statistic dealing with the virus, that is, existing cases where transmission is from an unknown source and under investigation (overnight it was 32).

That means 32 people in Australia currently have the virus from a source we don't know about. This is vital as once we know all sources of transmission in the community we can quarantine, reducing the virus' impact, possibly to zero.

A pipe dream? Why not? We have the most amazing technology to track down these unknown sources, the trained people and the economic and health incentive to do so. Plus we are opening up the economy slowly so we can monitor the situation carefully.

Additionally, 'unknown sources' who mostly appear to be people with very mild or no covid symptoms can spread the virus for only a few weeks (we think) so will die out unless a new group of asymptomatic infected people emerge. This emerging group is continuing to dwindle.

Evidence all these factors are working is that the 'unknown source' statistic has continued to fall consistently since the Government got tough on the virus.

If this trend continues the Government could announce in the next few months that Australia has basically gotten rid of the virus. If so, do you think Qantas will be broadly back to normal soon thereafter (minus International travel) as people realise they can travel safely?

Maybe even better than normal given huge pent up demand, cheap fuel prices, large government stimulus, the onset of warmer weather, tourist spots in Australia offering discounts etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.