I think you might be being a bit harsh, B-man.It isn’t about...

1. 28,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I think you might be being a bit harsh, B-man.

It isn’t about business v a conscience per say but about reality v wishes.

Our friends who seem to worry a lot about the future do have genuine concerns, I too want a cleaner future.
    Unlike those who consider the technology behind wind and PV to be on the edge of greatness and that these systems will be able to resign ff’s to a page in history, I clearly disagree.

These believers do like to point to Norway as a Poster Child for a Gold Standard as this country is very progressive with their policies on renewables but clearly even a country like this with all its progressive thoughts, sovereign wealth and being endowed with geography that provides huge hydroelectric generation opportunities still can’t break from the ff’s teat.

Sooner rather than later the beliefs in the target of net zero will implode due to the realisation that the science isn’t there yet to make it happen and the financial implications of the EU hanging its hat on this absurdity will kick in.

Those believers will be crying a river but hey, if the science does work it doesn’t work.

As long as we keep looking for better alternatives, I think we will get to a point where we reduce our dependence on fossil fuels but it will only be once the science works out a proper way to do it.
    Last edited by zipperlip: 18/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.