Zipperlip, well that’s a pretty straightforward question, i ‘m...

1. 9,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    Zipperlip, well that’s a pretty straightforward question, i ‘m surprised you had to ask it.

a timespan of 100 years, eh? Hmm.

i am more than two thirds that already, so i will relate it both to humans and time.

a trend measurement could span any period. Different periods will produce graphs of different shapes between the same start and end points.

now, the 100 years. Do you know that is a period probably longer than 99.9% of humans are alive. It could be considered the past 100 years, during which nearly all the 8 billion people on Earth were born.

you’ve heard the term manmade global warming. Most of the global warming took place within the past 100 years.

so you see the trend temperature graphs over the past 100 yers could relate directly to every human alive now, because we are.

deniers of manmade global warming are really quite confused about the whole issue. In normal day by day hours, there is no neon sign declaring a state of emergency and anyway weather from one day to the next is fairly stable, usually.

but take it from NASA and NOAA, the rate of global warming now in geologic time could be described as explosive hence the urgency of addressing the issue.

one of the problems of the devotees who sign up to the conspiracy theory of climate change denial is - like deadbeat druggies - their rejection of reality in favor of some personal confection of what global warming is and how it unfolds, often with no scientific basis. The special information they believe they carry on behalf of others gives them some form of certainy in a changing world. Something to cling on desperately to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.