Allegations in 2015 lawsuit match perfectly with latest Twitter...

1. 5,454 Posts.
    Allegations in 2015 lawsuit match perfectly with latest Twitter confessions

A 2015 lawsuit claimed Twitter was spying on users, and now Twitter engineers openly admit they routinely observe the “private” sexual content of unsuspecting users.
    The lawsuit was later dismissed in Twitter’s favor, but its allegations match up perfectly with new confessions from Twitter engineers, which suggests the social media site may soon be rocked with similar lawsuits comparing Twitter to Norman Bates spying on his hotel guests.
    “As soon as a user sends a Direct Message, Twitter intercepts, reads, and, at times, even alters the message,” said the 2015 federal lawsuit, which was filed by Wilford Raney. “Twitter users necessarily rely on these representations to form the understanding that direct messages let them communicate privately, as opposed to publicly through public tweets.”
    “Without this understanding, Twitter users would have no reasons to use Direct Messages rather than public tweets.”
    “Nonetheless, unbeknownst to them, Twitter intercepts and reads the contents of every Direct Message,” the lawsuit added.
    Flash forward to today: Undercover journalists with Project Veritas caught Twitter engineers on tape admitting they snoop through the direct messages of users, which allows them to build “virtual portfolios” on users Twitter can then sell to advertisers.
    “Everything you send is stored on my server… So all your sex messages and you, like, d*ck pics are on my server now,” said Direct Messaging Engineer Pranay Singh. “All your illegitimate wives and, like, all the girls you’ve been f*cking around with, they’re are on my server now… I’m going to send it to your wife, she’s going use it in your divorce.”
    “So, what happens is like, you like, write something or post pictures on-line, they never go away… Because even after you send them, people are like analyzing them, to see what you are interested in, to see what you are talking about. And they sell that data.”
    And it isn’t just accidental peeking by employees; Twitter has an actual staff of 300 to 400 workers who routinely sweep through the “direct message” content of users, according to one engineer.
    In short, Twitter – and similar social media platforms – are marketing firms that wheel and deal with user-submitted data, even if the users expect some levels of privacy.
    “It is a creepy Big Brother… I don’t want to say it freaks me out, but it disturbs me,” says Twitter engineer Clay Haynes.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RealKitDaniels
    Twitter:
    MORE Videos: Resistance News

https://www.infowars.com/flashback-twitter-sued-for-scanning-private-messages-norman-bates-style/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.