CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

We are not always privy to what exactly turns market sentiment,...

1. 119 Posts.
    We are not always privy to what exactly turns market sentiment, nor the timing of the turn.

Turning a profit is not necessarily the trigger. As has been pointed out many times here the AFR share price is based purely upon potential. Its price has been driven by sentiment, and not by production/sale (ie, profit) figures.

Superficially the crucial difference between CCC and AFR is the number of shares on issue. We will see if this is a genuine factor once the consolidation is a month or so in the rear vision mirror.

There's probably been more churning than accumulation so far. This has been a very liquid stock, and those who can afford to buy a few million and sell a few tenths of a cent later have made good money.

I stand to be corrected by those with far greater knowledge but the CCC price fall seems to have been the result of an indifferent sentiment rather than a negative one. It's been a gradual drift down due to lack of interest rather than a sell down.

I haven't noticed a lot of high volume selling days, and the weakest days have been when the overall market has fallen hard.

No company is leak proof, and presumably if there was a major hole in the finances, or some other factor that was a genuine threat to them achieving their goals those in the know would have dumped hard and fast.

I used to be quite skeptical about Funky's 'Smart Money', but now I think I'm a believer. Once the sentiment turns and the Smart Money decides CCC is well on the way to becoming the coal company it's working hard to be it won't be a simple drift upwards.

If you think this will happen, that it's just a matter of time, and that it will likely happen without any warning (ie, not in direct response to an announcement), then you're a long termer, and should relax and hold.

If you are seriously doubting whether it will ever happen, or are convinced it never will then you should be looking elsewhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.