Flat rate property management fee?, page-6

1. 25,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi acorn
    The margins for profit in IPs are relatively small so maintenance or lack of it can have a large effect on your bottom line so that is why I say that some have rocks in their heads because they are not getting the best out of their property.
    Look at your own figures, how much do you spend on maintenance? how many days in the year is it empty, most landlords lose money by ineptitude (by the PM) in these areas

You have obviously taken control (within the boundaries that you have) which is the vital part rather than just leaving the agent to do what they want
    Yes there is an opportunity for a proper management operation to take advantage of the "new" market
    NO it is not a thankless job because any job well done can be rewarding but property managers are not given support by their bosses

The old idea of yobbos and deadbeats being the only tenants is slowly going as people are realizing that they don't need to own a property, they can quite often put their money to better use and then rent a home to suit them, so the type of tenants is changing and they will be more demanding and more intelligent than the tenants of the past

So there is an opportunity for new deal, and I do know of some good PMs but count them on one hand and I could tell you stories about others that would make you sell your IPs tomorrow

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.