"As if I would know where the side is , suppose to be around the...

1. 8,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    "As if I would know where the side is , suppose to be around the Island of Fogo"...

this link might assist

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...oly-finds-end-of-the-earth-in-atlantic-canada

of particular note and best summing up the experience...

"But I wasn’t on Fogo for its luxury tourism. I was on a serious expedition to discover the edge of the Earth. So, after a brief visit to the Flat Earth Museum, one of the world’s least impressive scientific institutions, we drove to the far end of the island, to Fogo village itself. Looming ominously above the wooden houses in the grey bay below it was Brimstone Head, a giant lump of weathered granite. Once we’d climbed this, we could supposedly gaze over the edge of the Earth and glimpse the ice wall.

Half an hour later, after a bracing but not arduous climb, we hit the summit. We gazed out expectantly… at the sea, which stretched to the horizon. No sign of the edge.

John was more than disappointed. He decided we needed a boat to explore further. So we found one. With a storm brewing, the captain told us we had an hour before things became unsafe. These, after all, are the treacherous waters that sank the Titanic. We headed out and found nothing but endless sea.

John (a flat square earther apparently) became angry. He accused both the captain and myself of being in league with Bill Gates and claimed that we were simply going around in circles to confuse him. My life flashed before me. I had visions of my epitaph should this go pear-shaped: ‘Comedian drowned by enraged flat-earther yards from the edge of the world."

...you can't make this stuff up can you?
    Last edited by sunny coast: 25/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.